The Evangelical Church Alliance
205 W. Broadway St.
P.O. Box 9
Bradley, IL 60915
What is known today as the Evangelical Church Alliance began in 1887 under the name, World’s Faith Missionary Association. Years later, on March 28, 1928, it incorporated as a nonprofit organization in the state of Missouri under the same name. In October of 1931, the name, Fundamental Ministerial Association, was chosen to reflect the organization’s basis of unity. On July 21, 1958, during the ministry’s annual convention at Trinity Seminary and Bible College in Chicago, Illinois, a more comprehensive constitution was created and the name was changed to The Evangelical Church Alliance (ECA).
The ECA is an internationally recognized ecclesiastical body, providing licensure and ordination credentials for qualified ministers, endorsement for military, prison, hospital and other institutional chaplains, training courses through its BibIe Extension Institute for those who have not had the opportunity to attend Seminary or Bible School, and Associate Membership for churches and non-profit Christian organizations.
The ECA is nonsectarian, cooperative and not competitive, even allowing members to possess duel credentials with other denominations. This format encourages members to network with other evangelical ministers and organizations sharing the same goals and mission, yet to remaining autonomous. Members are accountable to headquarters by the annual submission of membership dues and a ministerial report. The denomination’s seasonal gatherings and annual international conferences provide opportunities for fellowship, encouragement and training. Also, through its website, www.ecainternational.org, the ECA provides a venue for churches and pastors to connect regarding available positions.