The Orthodox Presbyterian Church
607 N. Easton Rd., Bldg. E
Willow Grove, PA 19090-2539
On June 11, 1936, certain ministers, elders and lay members of the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. withdrew from that body to form a new denomination. Under the leadership of the late Rev. J. Gresham Machen, noted conservative New Testament scholar, the new church determined to continue to uphold the Westminster Confession of Faith as traditionally understood by Presbyterians and to engage in proclamation of the gospel at home and abroad.
The church has grown modestly over the years although having suffered early defections, most notably one in 1937 that resulted in the formation of the Bible Presbyterian Church under the leadership of Dr. Carl McIntire. It now has congregations throughout the states of the continental United States and in the Canadian provinces of Alberta and Ontario.
The denomination is a member of the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council and the International Conference of Reformed Churches.
607 N. Easton Rd., Bldg. E, Willlow Grove, PA 19090-2939, Tel. (215)830-0900 Fax (215)830-0350
Media Contact, Stated Clerk, Rev. George R. Cottenden